This Weber potato bake recipe is so easy to make and so delicious, we’re not sure why we waited so long to try it!
Perfect for a chilly night camping, the hardest part is having to wait while it cooks on the BBQ!
Being vegetarians, we added mushrooms in place of bacon, however you really could add any veggie or meat of your liking. Have you tried a potato bake on your BBQ? Let us know in the comments.
- Olive Oil (we use the spray kind)
- 5-6 small to Medium white/salad potatoes (cut into thin slices)
- 4-5 eschallots (cut into thin slices)
- 5-6 mushrooms (cut into thin slices)
- 500g grated cheese (we use a pizza blend)
- Mixed dried herbs
- Tsp crushed garlic
- 300ml thickened cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set up your Weber for indirect cooking with convection tray and trivet and heat for 10-15 minutes on high.
- Cover the base and sides of your cooking dish with a light spray of olive oil.
- Place potato slices onto the bottom of the tray, covering as much of the bottom as possible.
Sprinkle eschallots and mushrooms evenly over the potatoes.
- Add a light sprinkling of dried herbs, followed by a good covering of grated cheese.
- Add a second layer of potato slices, followed by eschallots, mushrooms and a light sprinkling of dried herbs. Do not add a second layer of cheese.
- Evenly pour the thickened cream over the potatoes, saving a small amount in the bottle.
- Add a teaspoon of crushed garlic to the remaining cream and mix well, before pouring over the potato mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper and cover with a sheet of aluminium foil.
- Reduce the heat of the Weber to medium and bake for 30 minutes (we set a timer!)
- Remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes (again set a timer!)
- For the final stage, add another good helping of grated cheese evenly over the top of the potatoes and bake for another 30 minutes (or until cheese is golden brown).
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Other Easy Camping Meals
- Lemon-Lime Coconut Slice
- Aussie Beer & Lemon Myrtle Damper
- Super Duper Summer Salad
- Damper on a Stick
- Nanny’s French Toast
- Weber Gingerbread Cookies
- Seafood Pasta
- Thai Style BBQ Fish
- Tasmanian Apple Crumble
- Seafood Sanagaki