We recently had the great pleasure of filming an episode with the fantastic crew from Channel 7’s hit lifestyle TV show, Creek to Coast. If you haven’t seen the program, be sure to check it out on Saturday’s at 5.30pm or stream online via 7plus.com.au. During that time we were able to put one of our easy camping meals to the test.
We caught up with Sally Jenyns, Creek to Coast resident chef, who showed us her version of a Greek Seafood Saganaki, an all-in-one-dish taste sensation!
So where better than the world’s largest sand island, K’Gari Fraser Island, to give this fantastic recipe a go! With only a handful of ingredients and only one dish required, not only is this a super easy meal to make on the go, it’s also a super easy cleanup (which is always a winner in our opinion!).
- Dash olive oil
- Thinly sliced brown onion
- Thinly sliced fennel bulb
- Thinly sliced garlic clove (or teaspoon of crushed garlic)
- 1 can of tinned diced tomatoes
- Sliced kalamata olives
- Fresh white fish, cut into bite sized pieces (we use Snapper)
- 1 fresh squid sleeve, cut into bite sized pieces and scored
- Fresh prawns
- Feta cheese
- Fennel leaves for garnish
- Using your Weber frypan, fry off onion, fennel and garlic in olive oil.
- Add tinned tomatoes and kalamata olives and stir, cook for a few minutes.
- Add your seafood – fish, prawns and then squid – and cover with the tomato sauce. Close Weber lid and cook for a few minutes.
- When your seafood is cooked, sprinkle dish with crumbled feta and serve immediately.
- Dress with fennel leaves and enjoy! Yum!
Other Easy Camping Meals
- Lemon-Lime Coconut Slice
- Aussie Beer & Lemon Myrtle Damper
- Super Duper Summer Salad
- Damper on a Stick
- Nanny’s French Toast
- Weber Gingerbread Cookies
- Seafood Pasta
- Thai Style BBQ Fish
- Tasmanian Apple Crumble
- Seafood Sanagaki