This delicious and super tasty Chunky Apple Crumble will warm your heart and your tummy! A great recipe to get the kids involved with making, and a quick and easy dessert for any night of the week!
- 5 apples, golden delicious or other medium to soft apples of choice
- Ground cinnamon
- 1½ cup plain flour
- 3/4 cup coconut or brown sugar
- 200 grams chilled butter, chopped
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-2 drops dōTERRA cinnamon bark essential oil *
- Double cream or ice-cream, to serve
- Peel, core, and chop apples into chunky pieces, then place in a grill-proof pan. Sprinkle the apples with cinnamon.
- In a bowl combine the flour, coconut sugar, butter, and oats. Using your fingers, rub the butter through the mixture until you have a very coarse texture. Stir in the walnuts then sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the apples.
- Set up your Baby Q for indirect cooking (with convection tray and trivet in place) and preheat on high for 10 minutes.
- Place the pan on the trivet and turn the burner control knob to the roast/bake setting. Close the lid and cook until golden, 30-35 minutes.
- Spoon the apple crumble into serving bowls. Serve with ice cream or cream and enjoy!
* When cooking with essential oils only use the highest quality purest oils available. We choose dōTERRA for this reason.
Other Easy Camping Meals
- Lemon-Lime Coconut Slice
- Aussie Beer & Lemon Myrtle Damper
- Super Duper Summer Salad
- Damper on a Stick
- Nanny’s French Toast
- Weber Gingerbread Cookies
- Seafood Pasta
- Thai Style BBQ Fish
- Tasmanian Apple Crumble
- Seafood Sanagaki