With a few days of down time between Christmas and New Year we have been happily spending more time together enjoying the simpler things, like relaxing in our camp chairs, watching Jasper play with his Christmas presents, making bubbles and cooking outside on the Weber! We also took the time to try out one of our easy camping meals.
We found this delicious and simple slice recipe on the Weber Australia website and decided a sweet treat was the perfect addition to enjoy on these merry days!
- 250g butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2-3 large lemons & 1 lime (2 tbsp finely grated rind & 1/3 cup juice)
- 2 cups caster sugar (we halved this amount)
- 1.5 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut, plus extra for sprinkling
- Prepare the Weber for indirect cooking over medium-low heat (170°C to 190°C – baking setting).
- In a Weber frying pan, add the butter and place onto the BBQ to melt the butter. Once just melted, pour the butter into a large mixing bowl. Use a piece of paper towel to spread the leftover butter around the pan to grease. Line the pan with a sheet of baking paper (this will help to lift the slice out once cooked).
- Add the sugar into the bowl with the butter and stir to combine. Add the eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each one. Add the flour, lemon & lime rind, lemon & lime juice and 1 cup of the coconut. Stir to form a cake batter.
- Pour the batter into the frying pan. Sprinkle extra coconut over the top.
- Bake the slice over indirect medium-low heat, with the lid closed, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Leave the cake to cool completely before slicing.
Other Easy Camping Meals
- Lemon-Lime Coconut Slice
- Aussie Beer & Lemon Myrtle Damper
- Super Duper Summer Salad
- Damper on a Stick
- Nanny’s French Toast
- Weber Gingerbread Cookies
- Seafood Pasta
- Thai Style BBQ Fish
- Tasmanian Apple Crumble
- Seafood Sanagaki