One of our easy camping meals, this is a fantastic recipe to make and cook with the kids over the campfire. It’s fun, delicious, and with only 3 ingredients, it couldn’t be any easier!
Check out our latest Episode below for full details on how to make this delicious snack!
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Water (add slowly until dough consistency is reached)
- Toppings of choice (butter, honey, maple syrup etc)
- Mix flour and sugar together, then slowly add water until a dough consistency is achieved.
- Roll damper mixture into a long snake, then twist around the top of your stick. Cook over a campfire for 3-5 minutes (depending on the heat level).
- Damper will start to puff up and get crispy on the outside when cooked.
- Slide off the stick and serve hot with butter and honey (or your topping of choice). Yum!
Other Easy Camping Meals
- Lemon-Lime Coconut Slice
- Aussie Beer & Lemon Myrtle Damper
- Super Duper Summer Salad
- Damper on a Stick
- Nanny’s French Toast
- Weber Gingerbread Cookies
- Seafood Pasta
- Thai Style BBQ Fish
- Tasmanian Apple Crumble
- Seafood Sanagaki