We love a good gingerbread anytime of the year, and with Christmas just around the corner it seemed the perfect time to give these tasty little cookies a go on the Weber BBQ.
These cookies couldn’t be any simpler to make, they taste amazing, and they’re a great recipe to get the kids involved in making too!
Watch our full episode below to see us in action making these delicious gingerbread!
- 75g butter
- 3.5 tablespoons golden syrup (or maple syrup)
- 60g soft brown sugar
- 175g plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3-4 drops Ginger essential oil*
- 1-2 drops Cinnamon essential oil*
- Add butter, syrup and brown sugar to a pan and stir over a low heat until sugar has dissolved.
- Add flour, bicarbonate soda, ginger and essential oils (if using) to a mixing bowl and stir together. Make a well in the centre and pour in the sugar and butter mixture.
- Stir together to make a dough (we like to use our hands as it’s much easier).
- Wrap the dough in cling wrap and let chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Gently roll the dough between 2 sheets of baking paper with a rolling pin until dough is approximately 0.5cm thick.
- Using a cookie cutter cut out shapes and bake in the Weber for 10-20 minutes until lightly golden brown. The gingerbread will still be soft but will harden up when left to cool outside the Weber.
– Don’t overwork the dough when bringing it all together or rolling it out. Overworking will result in a tough cookie.
– Be strategic when cutting out your cookie shapes to prevent having to re-roll your dough too many times, as per the above point.
* When cooking with essential oils we recommend using only the highest quality, purest oils available. We choose ,,dōTERRA Essential Oils for this reason.
Other Easy Camping Meals
- Lemon-Lime Coconut Slice
- Aussie Beer & Lemon Myrtle Damper
- Super Duper Summer Salad
- Damper on a Stick
- Nanny’s French Toast
- Weber Gingerbread Cookies
- Seafood Pasta
- Thai Style BBQ Fish
- Tasmanian Apple Crumble
- Seafood Sanagaki